Our client Eckington Manor has the following senior job vacancy for a Financial Controller.
They have a truly amazing business that requires a qualified internal accountant to join their management team. We have agreed to publish their full job vacancy.
The business consists of a hotel accommodation, restaurant, wedding venue, cookery school, farm and vegetable gardens.
They are based in Eckington, Worcestershire.
Full details of the advertised vacancy are as follows:
FINANCIAL CONTROLLER – HOTEL INDUSTRY PREFERRED
Eckington Manor is a stunning hotel set on the edge of the Cotswolds. We are a small, friendly group of people who are passionate about food.
We have our own award-winning farm, orchard, vegetable and herb gardens. Our food is served in our restaurant and we also offer training in our cookery school. Our head chef is Mark Stinchcombe, who won MasterChef: The Professionals 2015.
We are also a unique wedding venue with accommodation of 16 individually designed rooms and suites where our guests can truly relax and unwind.
We are seeking a Financial Controller to work as part of our management team. Ideally the role will suit a qualified accountant with a high level of IT skills and some experience in a hotel environment.
The successful candidate will be highly organised, a great communicator and have a pro-active approach to resolve problems and develop new systems.
The role covers all aspects of finance and reporting, including:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for all divisions of the business.
- Explaining the results to the management team and preparing budgets and forecasts.
- Management of the bookkeeping function including supervision of a ledger clerk.
- Control of fixed asset registers and periodic depreciation calculations.
- Bank and cash reconciliations including card payments to bank statements and Hotel Exec.
- Completion of VAT Returns.
- Collating payroll information and dealing with salary payments, tax, pensions etc.
- Reconciliation of tips in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Dealing with Insurances, properties, vehicles, employment contracts and other admin tasks.
- Reviewing our forward bookings and implement any promotions to increase future sales.
- Taking a lead role in costings to drive efficiency and develop new marketing initiatives.
- Cash flow
Excellent Salary (depending on experience)
Interested candidates should apply with a full CV and current salary details to Jane Harber, at email@example.com or write to:
Eckington Manor, Hammock Road, Eckington, Worcestershire, WR10 3BJ