Our farming team will be taking part in the Moreton Show and we have a stand for anyone to come and talk to us about financial, tax and farming matters. If you have any questions, why not come and find us at the show.
See our advert for the Moreton Show here… Crowthers – Moreton Show
Current topical questions most commonly asked by farmers include…
- I want to pass the farm on to my children but it isn’t big enough to divide between them. How can I deal with succession?
- I use manual bookkeeping so how does making tax digital (MTD) affect me?
- I have some land and buildings that may go for development in the future, do I need to do anything now?
- Why is everyone telling me to draw up a Partnership Agreement?
- I own the farm property but we farm in partnership. Why has my Solicitor told me to see a good accountant?
- I am the farmer but my parents are partners and still live in the main farmhouse. Is this a problem?
- I am 70+ and want to slow down. How can I do that without losing farming tax reliefs?
These are just a flavour of the type of queries we regularly deal with as specialist agricultural accountants.
Everyone is different and so the answers need to be tailored to individual circumstances.
We look forward to seeing you at the show.
Crowthers Farming Team