Our specialist agricultural team are a growing part of Chartered Accountants who were established to provide accounts and taxation services to agricultural and rural business clients. To mark the expansion of our team we thought a brief update might be of interest.
Our dedicated agricultural team of ten, are now operating across the three counties and are proud to offer a tailored service for new and existing clients. All the the team are from farming or equine related backgrounds and so their affinity with the agricultural and rural sectors means they appreciate that no two farms are the same which is reflected in the support services we can offer to each of the businesses we work with.
This unique approach has helped us grow and we now work with over 200 farming families, big and small, working to give clients more freedom to farm.
The agricultural services at Crowthers are led by directors Sophie Howard (Pershore) and Jonathan Crowther (Ledbury and Cheltenham), who work alongside three other directors who specialise in more general practice accountancy and tax for other types of client businesses.
- Routine Accounts and Tax Services offered by the farming team include:
• Preparation of year end accounts
• Profit and loss accounts and balance sheets
• A meeting to discuss the accounts
• Enterprise accounting
• Preparation of business taxation computations
• Completion of the tax returns
• Preparation of payroll and VAT returns when requested
• Telephone support for queries during the year
- Specialist Taxation and Succession Support for farm owners:
• Personal and business tax planning
• Capital investments in farm assets
• Tax issues from diversification
• Capital Gains Tax advice and Entrepreneurs Relief
• Inheritance Tax planning
• Succession planning for the farming family
• Research and development tax relief
Crowthers also offer Farm Secretarial Services at your own premises utilising Cloud Bookkeeping.