Inheritance Tax and Succession Planning
We are experienced in assisting individuals to mitigate their potential Inheritance Tax liabilities, whilst minimising the exposure to Capital Gains Tax, Income Tax and Stamp Duty.
We seek to balance our tax planning with our client’s personal motivations in such a way as to enable you to maintain control over your assets and ensure you receive the income you need for the future.
The Crowthers tax team is led by Jonathan Crowther, but he involves all of the senior team members across all 3 offices. Examples of how this works include:
- Most of our clients require the preparation of Tax Returns and this work is usually carried out by the main contact whether it is a business services client or farmer –see how we prepare tax returns.
- However, some client affairs are so complex they are handled by a small specialist team headed by Jonathan. This team handles Personal Tax planning which includes both Inheritance Tax (IHT) and Capital Gains Tax (CGT).
- For the choice of business structure, extraction of funds, selling a business asset, retirement etc come and speak to us for a simple no nonsense approach to tax mitigation and planning.
- We have a strong client base of very small business clients that also occasionally require tax support that is not covered by the routine tax return service. This might include admitting a new partner, incorporation, sale of the business or retirement.
- Jonathan supports Sophie Howard who has a large portfolio of farming clients and many of the problems faced by farming families are tax issues, so there is a natural fit between the specialist tax work and farming – see services to farmers.
- We also offer tax advice on trusts, pension planning and investment policy.
Jonathan and Sara Crowther are also qualified to offer Probate advice to our clients which is a natural extension of the Inheritance Tax services we provide – see probate Services.
Crowthers offer a range of Tax Planning Services. Please visit our services page for further details.