A Brief History of our Business
- Our Pershore Office was originally founded in 1989 as Crowther & Co by Jonathan Crowther and many clients from those early days are still clients today.
- Nikki Walding joined the firm in 1997 when she qualified as a Chartered Accountant.
- In 2001 the Ledbury Office was created following the merger with Beard & Company where Ian Cooke was a Manager.
- Sophie Howard trained with us from 2002 and became a Manager in 2008 when she and Jonathan set up the specialist Agricultural Team.
- In 2017 the Cheltenham Office was opened when Sara Crowther became a Director and merged her existing tax practice in Cheltenham.
Jonathan Crowther FCA
Jonathan leads our personal tax services and has also developed a large portfolio of agricultural clients. In his spare time he enjoys maintaining his 16th century house.
Nikki Walding FCA CTA
Nikki looks after our accounts team in Pershore and specialises in corporate and larger clients.
Ian Cooke FCA
Ian looks after the accounts team in Ledbury and specialises in large corporate clients.
Sophie Howard FCA
Sophie mainly acts for farmers and their diversified businesses. She has a growing reputation as one of the very few specialist agricultural accountants in the area.
Sara Crowther FCA CTA
Sara is developing our third office in Cheltenham. She was a Manager at Hazelwoods before setting up her own tax practice in 2013, specialising in the preparation of R&D tax relief and capital allowance claims.
At Crowthers we are committed to promoting equality and diversity and recognise the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We periodically monitor the diversity profile of our team. We gather statistics on age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and socio-economic backgrounds on a voluntary basis. We attach a summary of the results of this data as required by the ICAEW. The data in the attached summary was collected as at 31 March 2019.