A Brief History of our Business
- Our Pershore Office was originally founded in 1989 as Crowther & Co by Jonathan Crowther and many clients from those early days are still clients today.
- Nikki Walding joined the firm in 1997 from Grant Thornton when she qualified as a Chartered Accountant.
- In 2001 the Ledbury Office was created following the merger with Beard & Company where Ian Cooke was a Manager.
- In 2007 we incorporated as Crowthers Accountants Limited and became known as Crowthers Chartered Accountants.
- In 2008, Sophie Howard who has trained with us since 2002 became a Manager and with Jonathan set up the specialist Agricultural Team.
- In 2017 the Cheltenham Office was opened when Sara Crowther became a Director and merged her existing corporate tax practice.
- In 2019 we opened a new Rural Office on the M50 at Twyning near Tewkesbury and all our farming team relocated to this central site.
Jonathan Crowther FCA
Jonathan leads our general practice team in Cheltenham and is looking to build our accountancy and tax services to compliment the existing corporate tax clients. Jonathan also provides consultancy support to farming and personal tax clients at our other offices.
In his spare time he enjoys maintaining his 16th century house.
Sophie Howard FCA
Sophie is in charge of our Rural Office near Tewkesbury and acts for farmers and their diversified businesses. She has developed our farming team and the farming services so that we are one of the very few specialist agricultural firms of accountants in the area.
Sara Crowther FCA CTA
Sara leads our Corporate Tax team that is based in our Cheltenham Office. She is a specialist in research and development (R&D) tax relief, having worked in this area since 2008 and has built a specialist team to help our corporate clients.
Sara has greatly expanded the corporate tax advice into many other areas shown in our Corporate Tax Services page. In her spare time, Sara enjoys renovating houses, watching the rugby and drinking G&T!
At Crowthers we are committed to promoting equality and diversity and recognise the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We periodically monitor the diversity profile of our team. We gather statistics on age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and socio-economic backgrounds on a voluntary basis. We attach a summary of the results of this data as required by the ICAEW. The data in the attached summary was collected as at 31 March 2019.