Why choose us for your Corporate Tax advice…
Our Tax Director, Sara Crowther, is an experienced tax professional having worked in Corporate Tax since qualifying as a Chartered Accountant over 12 years ago. Sara is also a qualified Corporate Tax Adviser and is regularly asked to present seminars to other professional advisers.
Sara joined Crowthers in 2017 having previously completed her ACA training contract with Crowe and her tax training with Hazlewoods before running her own specialist tax practice, Crowther Associates, for 5 years.
Sara is a specialist in research and development (R&D) tax relief, having worked in this area since 2008. She has developed our R&D service to corporate tax clients and now has a specialist team that help a large number of clients obtain tax savings or tax repayments essential to help cover R&D costs of their products and services.
Sara also provides corporate tax advice on company restructures such as implementing a group structure and business demergers, as well as property tax advice including capital allowances. Sara works with owner managed businesses to maximise their remuneration planning, exit strategies and inheritance tax planning, and is accredited to carry our probate services by the ICAEW.
Sara prides herself on a personal approach to give her clients a quality service that is tailored to their needs.
What services we offer…
- R&D Tax Relief – see blog
- Patent Box – see blog
- Capital Allowance Claims on property – see blog
- EIS and SEIS compliance and raising capital – see blog
- Corporate and Group Restructuring – see blog
Our value for money promise…
Our charge out rates for Corporate Tax work are very competitive compared with many of our competitors and fees can be agreed in three ways:
- For R&D Tax Claims we can work on a contingent fee basis that is a percentage of the ultimate tax saving;
- For some projects we can offer a fixed price fee, when the amount of work can be addressed with confidence;
- For other work we will agree a rate per hour but will always estimate the likely time needed up front and keep this guide under review.
Delays at HMRC when making an R&D claim…
The guidance says that HMRC aims to process R&D tax credit claims within 28 days. If there are any significant changes to this HMRC will publish a progress report on how long they are taking to process the R&D tax credit claims and we will update this page accordingly.
For further information, please contact…
Sara Crowther or our Tax Manager, Lucinda Davenport at our Cheltenham office 01242 309001.